If you are one who has spotless skin, you are among the few chosen ones. But if your skin is just like everyone else, you can see the visible pores filled with dirt. These are known as blackheads. But you need not to worry. There is still hope for you. Let us start by learning how these blackheads form before learning how to remove blackheads.
How the blackheads on the nose form?
The blackheads are the tiny and dark bumps caused by the clogged hair follicles. They can be seen on the chin, nose, back, chest and the shoulders. Some of the factors that are known for the formation of blackheads are as follows:
- A build-up of bacteria on the skin that causes acne
- Excessive production of oil secreted by the sebaceous glands
- Accumulation of dead cells, which is caused by the irritation of the hair follicles
- Changes in the hormonal levels during menstruation on consumption of birth control pills, increasing oil production throughout the body
Now, that we know how these blackheads form, let us take a step towards learning how to get rid of blackheads on nose. These 15 useful tips would keep blackheads away from you.
1. Do not forget to wash your face twice a day at least
Though it might seem like basic advice, cleansing is one of the basic steps that people seem to forget. This helps to prevent the dirt and oil from accumulating in the pores. You should rinse your skin in the morning to get rid of the bacteria that may be present on your face. There are loads of products on the market.
Also read: How to Control Oily Skin
2. Wash your face immediately after exercising
Too much sweat can cause the formation of blackheads. It is essential to keep the sweat, dirt, and oil after the workout from clogging the pores and forming blackheads. If you think you know how to remove blackheads from the nose, you should know that sweat is one of the most problematic factors.
3. Clean the dirty pores with a strip
The pore strips are like band-aids and use adhesive to remove the dirt and dead skin cells. It is pretty useful in getting rid of blackheads. However, they work only in the dirt hasn’t been in the pores for long.
4. Wear sunscreen that does not contain oil
If you have oily skin, it does not mean that you can skip the sunscreen. The SPF products play an essential role in protecting the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. The experts suggest you use formulas that do not contain oil and block your pores.
5. Exfoliate 2 or 3 times a week to dissolve the dead skin
Dead skin can clog the pores. It is necessary to use a mild cleanser or a glycolic peel. You should plan to exfoliate the skin at least 2 to 3 times a week to remove the blackheads. You would need to moisturize after every exfoliating session.
6. A microdermabrasion tool offers gentle mechanical exfoliation
If you do not have enough time to make it to the doctor’s office, you should use a mini-facial. It is much like a vacuum that would remove the dead skin cells.
7. Using an overnight treatment or a clay mask
Amazonian white clay will remove the dirt from the skin. It can be applied on the skin for 15 minutes and rinsed for spot treatment. The pores are open at night and can remove the dirt and germs. You need to put the mask on the nose and T-zone.
8. Extractions from professionals can help as well
If it is not possible to remove the blackheads at home, you would need to visit a professional. You should visit the doctor every 2 months at the least.
9. Put ice on the area after squeezing
If you cannot resist the urge to remove a blackhead, you should put ice on the area after removing a blackhead. If you want to know how to remove whiteheads, these steps would apply there as well.
10. Self-tanners are not good
The self-tanning products will make the blackheads look darker. The sugar components are more attracted to keratinized skin.
11. You should not use ingredients that irritate the skin
Ingredients like dimethicone or comedogenic products can cause more pimples to form.
12. Mineral-based makeup minimizes the size of the pores
The mineral makeup does not contain dyes and would not cause havoc on the skin. The formulas do not contain oil and are very light.
13. Prescription retinol will help
If you want to combat blackheads and the appearance of pores, retinol is the best topical treatment. The results can be seen in 3 to 6 months.
If you follow these steps, you would be able to get rid of your blackheads on the nose, no matter what your skin type be.