Pimples and acne are two of the most common and disturbing skin problems faced by men and women alike. Pimples and acne are two diverse conditions which are not smooth enough for everyone to characterize. So let’s first clear the difference between pimple and acne.
A pimple is a specific type of acne that is formed when the skin pores are blocked by the dead skin cells obstructed by sebum. A pimple should have a head and isn’t usually painful unless it’s a severe one. Pimples are milder and are typically not caused due to genetic factors.
Acne is formed by the blockage of follicles created by the amalgamation of sebum and skin cells infected by bacteria. It is a broader term and can appear on any part of the skin. Acne can be immense and painful and may or may not have a head. Genetic factors can develop acne.
There is a variety of fruitful regimen that helps keep pimple and acne at bay.
An ice cube can be very helpful if you have got a swollen pimple on your face.
- Cloak the ice cube in a thin cloth and place it on the affected spot for three or four minutes.
- Repeat the process several times throughout the day to temporarily reduce the contusion.
Aspirin contains salicylic acids, which is highly effective in reducing inflammation on your skin. Applying an aspirin paste instantly eliminates excess oil and dead skin thus helping unclog the pores while reducing swelling and redness at the same time.
- Make a paste of crushed aspirin with a few drops of water
- You can add honey or plain yoghurt though it’s completely optional
- Taking a Q-tip to apply the thickened mixture on the affected area
- Once the paste hardens and begins to flake off use a wet cloth to wipe the paste off.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera get has a pleasing and comforting effect on the skin which can help wounds, treat burns and fight inflammation while stop oil from face . It also contains salicylic acid and sulfur, both of which are broadly used in the treatment of acne.
- Cut out an Aloe Vera leaf and take out the flesh from under its skin
- Put the flesh into a blender and make a smooth paste
- Keep the paste in the refrigerator to cool it down
- Apply the cool paste on the infected area on your skin
Honey and Cinnamon Mask
Both honey and cinnamon are great sources of antioxidants and have the ability to fight bacteria and minimize irritation thus making them ideal for healing and reducing pimples. The stickiness of the honey also helps remove excess dirt and impurities from the skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon with two tablespoons of natural honey
- Rinse your face with cold water and pat it dry
- Apply the paste on the freckle and leave it overnight
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is renowned for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties making it immensely beneficial for acne treatment.
- Mix 1 part tea tree oil with 9 parts of water
- Wash your face with warm water
- Apply the diluted mixture to the affected area with a cotton ball
- Apply moisturizer is required
- Repeat the process 1-2 times per day
Egg whites are highly effective in removing pimples and the scars they create.
- Separate the egg whites from their yolks and whisk for 3 minutes
- Apply the egg whites on the required area with your fingertips
- Wait for the whites to dry and then reapply for 4 times
- Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes
- Wash away the mask and apply moisturizer.
Baking soda’s antiseptic properties make it effective in diminishing bacteria causing acne. It also increases the growth of new skin cells.
- Mix balanced portions of baking soda and water to create a thick paste
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave it for 30 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Apart from these methods, there are a few things that you can do from your end to ensure the acne and pimples are kept at bay.
Tips to Prevent Pimples and Acne
1. Don’t Pick Your Face
Although it might be hard for many of you to resist the urge to squeeze a pimple it will only do you more harm than good. Doing so will result in straining your skin and leading to infection and a probable scar.
2. Proper Skincare
When you have a breakout on your skin you need to be very careful about your skincare regime. Avoid using strong cleansers.
The step of exfoliation can be very helpful. Exfoliating your skin helps to remove the top layer of dead skin cells that clog up the pores. This process thus helps to make the acne treatments more effective by ensuring them to invade deeper once the top layer of skin is unclogged.
- Mix equal parts of sugar and coconut oil
- Scrub skin with this mixture and rinse thoroughly
- This process should be done not more than 2-3 times a week
Make sure you use a gentle toner and avoiding the affected area altogether after exfoliating your skin.
3. Limited Make Up
Covering your face in layers of makeup while having breakout might help you in camouflaging the unevenness of your skin but it will cause more harm in the process. Do make sure the products you are using have salicylic acid in them. Avoid products that have pore blocking ingredients.
4. Proper Food diet
Introduce lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Reduce the intake of oily food. Keep a tab on the type of food that causes breakout and try to avoid having them. Drink lots of water.
5. Exercise Regularly to Reduce Stress
Exercise boosts healthy blood circulation which would help comfort the skin cells and help cure acne. A healthy adult is recommended 30 minutes of exercise 3-5 times per week.
Along with exercise keeping your stress at bay is also advised as increased in stress levels results in increasing the probability for breakouts.
Read also How to Manage stress?
It’s true that acne and pimples are a common issue with a number of underlying causes that can be very irritating during day-to-day life. Nonetheless curbing the issue in its initial stages by way of numerous natural remedies can help you manage the situation with minimum pain and discomfort.