Dandruff is the most irritating hair problem and 50 % of people affected by dandruff. An itching scalp and flakiness are the signs of this problem, but it may also produce other symptoms like oily spots on the scalp and tingling skin.
Dandruff can be managed and healed by following good natural home remedies. Usually, natural remedies take some time to cure. But it will treat the problem entirely without side effects. Here are the best home remedies for dandruff home remedies to control fast.
Neem has an antibacterial property which will be useful to treat dandruff as well as many other hair problems like scalp acne, itchy scalp, and hair fall completely.
- Boil 4-5 cups of water and add two handfuls of neem leaves to it.
- Let this cool overnight.
- Strain the solution and Use this decoction as a hair rinse two or three times a week.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps to grow hair from the roots and promotes healthy, shiny hair. It also cures all hair problems.
- Squeeze an aloe vera leaf to extract its gel.
- Apply on the scalp and hair.
- Massage it gently and wrap a warm, damp towel on your head.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then Wash hair with your regular shampoo in normal water.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times a week.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the cost-effective solutions to get rid of dandruff. Regular use of baking soda on the scalp helps to clear dandruff and gives a clean scalp.
- Mix one teaspoon baking soda with some drops of rose water and make a paste.
- Apply it on scalp and massage gently for 2 minutes.
- The fine granule of baking soda when massaged on scalp creates a gentle scrubbing effect. It helps to lose all flaky dandruff and dead cells.
- Rinse hair with fresh water.
Note: Remember should not use shampoo after this method.
4. Lemon Juice with Curd
Lemon is one of the best and fast solutions for dandruff. Natural acidity present in lemon juice and it will be reducing dandruff problem and keeps scalp hygienic from infections directly in first two washes.
- Mix lemon juice with a small cup of curd to make a paste.
- Apply it on the scalp. Curd and lemon juice together fights with dandruff and keep it off. Try using this treatment once a week. It removes scalp itchiness which caused dandruff flakes.
5. Garlic with Honey
Garlic is one of the ultimate solutions for dandruff. Follow the below instructions to make a simple garlic remedy for dandruff at home.
- Squeeze about six garlic cloves using a garlic press.
- Put the smashed garlic in a tiny bowl, and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then, add about seven tablespoons of organic honey to the bowl and mix well. Also, honey is known to have anti-fungal activity.
- Apply your garlic and honey anti-dandruff mask on your hair and scalp, and rub it in thoroughly.
- Leave the mask on for 5 -10 minutes.
Finally, wash your scalp and hair with your favorite anti-dandruff shampoo to get rid of the garlic smell.
6. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds not only help for dandruff problem it also work as a natural hair conditioner and stop hair fall naturally. From first wash onwards hair will be very silky as well as very soft.
- Take the fenugreek seeds according to your hair volume and length. Soak the 3 – 4 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds overnight in the water.
- The next morning, Grind the fenugreek seeds and take the paste in the bowl.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon and add the one teaspoon of lemon juice in the paste.
- Apply this paste from the hair scalp to hair ends.
- Cover the hair with a cap and dried it for 30minutes.
Finally, rinse it off with the fresh water.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the excellent home remedies to control dandruff.
- Take 8 – 10 drops of olive oil and smoothly massage it at your scalp.
- 2. Then cover a shower cap over your head to avoid staining your bed with oil and allow the treatment to stick your scalp for at least eight hours.
- At morning, Wash out the oil using dandruff shampoo.
An overnight olive oil soak is the best way to take care of severe dandruff issues.