The common cold always comes with a cough, and it will be slightly an irritating situation to deal with the flu. Our immune system will take more than seven days to cure the cough and cold. Don’t worry!.
Some home remedies help you to cure cough and cold effectively than all other medicines. Here are some helpful home remedies that work not only to cure cough and cold yet it also aid to relieve the symptoms without any side effects.
One of the most unpleasant symptoms of cold and cough is achy, the restive feeling which makes it too difficult to sleep, although you feel tired. While that arrives head to your spice stockpile and take out the nutmeg.
Home Remedies for Cough and Cold
Garlic holds allicin compounds that have antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. This allicin compound is perfect to defend you against the cough and cold. If you have a cough and flu,
- Get 4-5 garlic cloves
- Slightly squash it and fry it in a small quantity of ghee
- You can add it to your diet until you get free from cough and cold
2. Turmeric and Milk
An active ingredient discovered nearly in all Indian kitchens. Turmeric has a powerful antioxidant that aids in treating numerous health issues. Mixed turmeric powder with warm milk is an effective method to fight against cough and cold.
- Take one glass of hot milk and add turmeric powder
- Drink it before going to bed. It helps in quicker healing from cough and flu.
Ginger is an antispasmodic, which means it helps the immune system to prevent the spasm of cough and cold.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of fresh ginger tea every day.
Not long complicated ginger root in a glass of hot water is most excellent, yet Yogi Tea also creates a ginger tea. It is also good to relieve throat pains too!
4. Eucalyptus oil
The best solution for cough and cold is eucalyptus oil, which obtained from the eucalyptus tree. This oil has a lot of advantages including powerful antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, antispasmodic, astringent, and expectorant properties.
- Put 4 or 5 drops of this oil in a bowl then add warm water and lean over the pan.
- Cover your head with a bedsheet to trap the steam in and inhale deeply for 10 min.
- Follow it two times a day. It will work to treat your cough and cold effectively.
Honey has antiviral, antioxidants and antibacterial properties, and also it enhances the immune system.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey to your ginger tea or a glass of warm water.
- You can also add some lemon for Vitamin C benefits. But you should never provide raw honey to children below one-year-old because it contains botulinum spores.
The honey is usually harmless to adults and older children; an infant’s immune systems are not able to clash them off.
Oil of oregano is an excellent antiviral and antimicrobial treatment as well. Have 1 to 2 drops of food or medical organic grade, once a day. Do not use if you are pregnant. Zinc lozenges could create a cough and cold in a shorter period and make it less severe. Consume any of these at the initial sign of cold and cough.